Stefanos Rokos is a greek contemporary artist, born in Athens in 1977. From 1995 to 2000 he studied painting under T. Patraskidis at the Athens School of Fine Arts. He also took a course in printmaking under G. Milios. In 2002 he completed his post-graduate degree in printmaking at the Wimbledon School of Art, London, where he studied under a scholarship from the Propontis Foundation. In 2005 he was awarded a two-year fellowship by the State Scholarships Foundation for the production of artistic work. He has had solo and group exhibitions in Greece and abroad. He has been working since 2001 with Agathi Gallery, which he represented four times with solo exhibitions at Art Athina – International Contemporary Art Fair of Athens. In 2010 he presented the music/visual art project "Horror & Romance on Another Planet", which included a music that was released in 1700 numbered copies, with 18 original tracks by Greek and foreign musicians, inspired by his exhibition of the same title. He has designed album covers for artists Foivos Delivorias, Pavlos Pavlidis, Piney Gir, Bobby Conn, Krista Muir, Interstellar Overdrive, Sigmatropic and Christos Leontis. He has also designed book covers and posters for concerts, films and theatre productions.
- 2019: Stefanos Rokos: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' No More Shall We Part, Bernaerts Gallery, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2019: Stefanos Rokos: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' No More Shall We Part, The Benaki Museum, Athens, Greece
- 2016: The Age of Electricity, Art Thessaloniki 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2016: The Age of Electricity, Follow your Art Gallery, Kythira Island, Greece
- 2016: The Age of Electricity, Art Athina 2016, Agathi Art Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2016: The Age of Electricity, Vogiatzoglou Art Space, Athens, Greece.
- 2015: Revert to Disarray in Antwerp, Museumstraat25, Belgium.
- 2013: Revert to Disarray: Life After Horror & Romance, Neu Gallery, London, UK.
- 2013: Revert to Disarray, Art Athina 2013, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2011: Horror & Romance on Another Planet, CK Art Gallery, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- 2010: Horror & Romance on Another Planet, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2010: Horror & Romance on Another Planet> The Prequel, Art Athina 2010, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2008: First Contact With Nature, Art Athina 08, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2007: After Dinner, Art Athina 07, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece.
- 2006: Painting, Art Gallery Yiomisti Kefali , Sifnos Island, Greece.
- 2005: Noise and Useful Objects, Agathi Gallery , Athens, Greece.
- 2002: Painting, Art Gallery Αmymoni, Ioannina, Greece.
- 2001: Painting, Agathi Gallery, Athens, Greece
Prizes - Awards
- 2014: "The Winsor & Newton Prize" in the RWS Contemporary Watercolour Competition Exhibition, London UK.
- 2009: Merit EVGE 09 - cover book illustration.
- 2005: Scholarship by the State Scholarships Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ.) for the production of artistic work.
- 2002: The "ΤΝ Lawrence Materials Prize", National Print Exhibition, the MALL Galleries, London UK.
- 2002: Award by I.K.Y. for the year 1999-2000 (senior year in the Athens School of Fine Arts).
- 2001: Scholarship by the "Propontis" foundation for a Master's Degree in Fine Arts.
- 2000: One of his prints is selected after a competition for the international airport El. Venizelos.
- 2000: 1st Prize for Printmaking in the 3rd Meeting of New Artists organised by the School of Art & Design Vakalo.